The first significant Nintendo film from Illumination and Universal has established itself as a box office titan.
image credit : Film Daily
The Super Mario Bros. Movie was almost doomed from the time it first debuted in theatres, but after weeks of dominating the domestic box office, Universal, Illumination, and Nintendo’s major motion picture partnership has now officially made $1 billion.
The Super Mario Bros. Movie, co-directed by Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, has only been in theatres for a little over a month, but in those few short weeks, it has already made a whopping $490 million domestically and $532 million internationally, making it the fifth film set during the pandemic to surpass the $1 billion mark. The movie is almost certain to make a lot more money before its theatrical run comes to an end given that it has only recently premiered in markets like South Korea and Japan.
The Super Mario Bros. Movie, which has since become the most financially successful video game movie ever, is a far cry from Nintendo’s 1993 Super Mario Bros. film, which was a colossal box office failure. The movie’s success feels like a sign that Nintendo’s grand strategy to create a brand-new type of entertainment empire for itself might actually succeed because it practically guarantees that we’ll be seeing more Mario sequels for years to come.
- The simultaneous release of Sapta Sagaradaache Ello-Side B in Kannada and Telugu has been confirmed.
- क्या इसरो गहरी नींद में सो रहे विक्रम लैंडर को फिर से जगा सकता है? जानें चंद्रयान-3 के भविष्य के बारे में.
- A 53-foot asteroid is heading for Earth! learn what NASA has to say.
- Jammu Kashmir encounter live:Anantnag Encounter कौन से संगठन के आंतकवादी थे
- Ravindra Jadeja: jadeja ke ansune kisse 2023