The first significant Nintendo film from Illumination and Universal has established itself as a box office titan.
image credit : Film Daily
The Super Mario Bros. Movie was almost doomed from the time it first debuted in theatres, but after weeks of dominating the domestic box office, Universal, Illumination, and Nintendo’s major motion picture partnership has now officially made $1 billion.
The Super Mario Bros. Movie, co-directed by Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic, has only been in theatres for a little over a month, but in those few short weeks, it has already made a whopping $490 million domestically and $532 million internationally, making it the fifth film set during the pandemic to surpass the $1 billion mark. The movie is almost certain to make a lot more money before its theatrical run comes to an end given that it has only recently premiered in markets like South Korea and Japan.
The Super Mario Bros. Movie, which has since become the most financially successful video game movie ever, is a far cry from Nintendo’s 1993 Super Mario Bros. film, which was a colossal box office failure. The movie’s success feels like a sign that Nintendo’s grand strategy to create a brand-new type of entertainment empire for itself might actually succeed because it practically guarantees that we’ll be seeing more Mario sequels for years to come.
- ओडिशा ट्रेन दुर्घटना लाइव समाचार: कम से कम 50 मृत, 179 घायल; अश्विनी वैष्णव ने मृतक के अगले परिजन को 10 लाख रुपये की अनुग्रह राशि देने की घोषणा की
- GTA 6: What is currently known about it
- dhirendra shastri mother: धीरेंद्र शास्त्री की मां किरण पटेल
- Dream11 Ka Malik Kaun Hai: Dream11 का मालिक कौन है? कंपनी के Net worth कितनी है?कर्मचारियों को सैलरी कितनी मिलती है
- IPL 2023’s 68th game, KOL vs LKN Live Score Scorecard: KOL vs LKN Live Cricket Score [20 May 2023]